Monday, July 19, 2010

The most romantic thing that's ever happened to Marlee and I



This picture pretty much sums up the most romantic moment of our lives. As the note implies, we met a couple guys at this place called stones who go to UCT. They took us for milkshakes at Pickwicks and then we parted ways thinking we'd never see them again. When Marlee and I got home from town, Kat handed us an adorable note they'd dropped off at our house when they noticed our billboard driving by. American men, take note.
I've recovered from from the evil parasitic food poisoning that left me completely dead yesterday. I threw up 15 times over the space of 12 hours and when Marlee came home I was too feverish, dehydrated and weak to move. She nursed me back to health and once I'd taken some sports drink and panado (some sort of African drug brought to me by RA) I was feeling a million times better. I slept for arouns 11 hours last night and awoke this morning feeling STARVING and actually looking like I'd dropped 10 lbs in a day. Luckily Cocoa Wah Wah solved that problem for me and I got a chocolate and almond croissant for breakfast. Food has never tasted so good.
Today we've got another round of UCT orientation beginning at 1 pm and hopefully we'll learn more about course registration etc. It's nice to begin to feel settled in and I cannot wait for classes and community service to begin! A gym membership would be a nice perk, as well!
Love from the "score safely" house,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment